nolimits forum of New Age Horizons Arts & Crafts
nolimits forum of New Age Horizons Arts & Crafts
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 WELCOME TO A.C.E.S.
 Articles Commentaries EssayS
 Today & Special Acknowledgements
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

nolimits
Administrator

1133 Posts

Posted - 16 January 2017 :  08:46:22  Show Profile Send nolimits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
note: I thought this would be a good way (for me) to remember what I learn everyday whenever I look up history's (daily) lessons and remembrances that I usually forget quickly after I read them. This way it is like keeping a (school) textbook.

-Today is January, 2017, Friday the 13th.-

1. Friday the 13th is considered by many western cultures and superstitous people as being unlucky. This belief is based on the events surrounding the conspiracy and false arrest of 60+ Templar Knights (Christian warriors that fought for the rights of civilian citizens during The Crusades and Holy Wars and are said to be direct descendants of the apostles and disciples of Jesus and John the Baptist) for heresy on Friday, October 13th, 1307 by the power hungry tyrant, King Philip IV of France.

A Quote from Wikipedia.org: "King Philip IV ordered (Grand Master Knight Jacques) de Molay and scores of other French Templars to be simultaneously arrested. The arrest warrant started with the phrase: "Dieu n'est pas content, nous avons des ennemis de la foi dans le Royaume" ["God is not pleased. We have enemies of the faith in the kingdom"]. Claims were made that during Templar admissions ceremonies, recruits were forced to spit on the Cross, deny Christ, and engage in indecent kissing; brethren were also accused of worshiping idols, and the order was said to have encouraged homosexual practices. The Templars were charged with numerous other offences such as financial corruption, fraud, and secrecy. Many of the accused confessed to these charges under torture, and these confessions, even though obtained under duress, caused a scandal in Paris. The prisoners were coerced to confess that they had spat on the Cross: "Moi, Raymond de La Fère, 21 ans, reconnais que [j'ai] craché trois fois sur la Croix, mais de bouche et pas de cœur" (free translation: "I, Raymond de La Fère, 21 years old, admit that I have spat three times on the Cross, but only from my mouth and not from my heart"). The Templars were accused of idolatry and were suspected of worshipping either a figure known as Baphomet or a mummified severed head they recovered, amongst other artifacts, at their original headquarters on the Temple Mount that many scholars theorize might have been that of John the Baptist, among other things."

2. Interesting to note that in Italy 13 is considered a lucky number (probably due to Jesus and John plus 12 apostles/disciples giving us 13) and Friday the 17th is considered an unlucky day.

3. Also, today is St. Knut's Day in Sweden, Finland and Estonia celebrating Canute (Knut in Swedish) Lavard the saint who was a Danish prince/duke in the early 1100s and is the Patron saint of Denmark where the Holiday is strangely not celebrated. In Finland, the feast is celebrated mostly by children dressed as 'Nuuttipukki', a scary Santa Claus that resembles a goat and demands leftover foods and sweets (and traditionally by adults alcoholic beverages). In Sweden, the feast is celebrated by (mostly) children dancing around the Christmas Tree before it is taken down and the sweets used as decorations are finally available to eat. That is cute to remember St. Canute/Knut, that way.

-Today is 14.January.2017-
1. According to the Julian Calendar of (mostly) old Russia and eastern Europe, today is the (Old) New Year and (still) celebrated (by some) with family and friends (as a second New Year feast).
2. In Thailand, it is National Forest Conservation Day which is always a good thing (to celebrate). It is also National Children’s Day there celebrated on the second Saturday of January.
3. In the U.S.A., it is Ratification Day celebrating the treaty signing and official end to the American Revolution in 1784.

-Today is Sunday.15.January.2017-
Today is One World Religion Day (recognized every third Sunday of the New Year) was officially put forth in 1950 by members of ‘The Spiritual Assembly’ of the Bahá'í Faith to ‘plant seeds’ and have people adjust to the possibility of a practical one global religion or (philosophical) way of practicing faith citing the need and logic to agree that all religions worship the same (good) GOD working with and guiding deities/prophets/angels/messengers/philosophers/etc. in all cultures and (most) all (mainstream) religions. Although the ‘holiday’ has ‘never caught on’ on a public (servant) scale, it survives as ‘seeds’ (waiting to sprout) in pockets of (openly) celebrating Bahá'í members in Maine, USA, Quebec, Canada, Australia, Bolivia, Laos, Holland, and also by many leading religious adherents. I just started celebrating it, too. This time (only) with a candle and some incense but that’s a start. plus the luncheon with presentations this afternoon.

-Today is Monday.16.January.2017-
Today, in the USA, as every third Monday in January, is Martin Luther King Day celebrating his birthday, January 15th. Interesting to note that the push to have a holiday in remembrance of King came soon after his assassination but took 15 years to be made law (in 1983) and another three years for the law to take effect as many states resisted ending in 2000 when, for the first time, all 50 states honored the day.
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
nolimits forum of New Age Horizons Arts & Crafts © Willy Muschiol...Forum content and copyrights owned by Willy Muschiol...All rights reserved past, present, and future. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2